[mythtv-users] SPDIF working, but AC3 passthrough is (mostly) broke

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Wed Mar 28 23:30:09 UTC 2007

On Mar 28, 2007, at 6:17 PM, Matt wrote:
> So - I know the receiver can receive AC3 content just fine, but not
> from myth.  Any ideas?  This has been driving me nuts for months -
> especially since I'm going to start migrating to more digital content
> and movies soon.

Try the setup I use. You can see a very long thread with solution of
my own problems at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

To save time here are the settings that worked for me:

Audio output device:
Passthrough output device: Default
Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough: [checked]
Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough: [checked]
Aggressive Sound card Buffering: [not checked]
Use internal volume controls: [not checked]