[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation?

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Wed Mar 28 20:27:29 UTC 2007

>Have you considered a board with a built-in gpu?  I am using the Abit
>and have loved it so far (I've had it for about 3 months now).  Any of
>GeForce-6150 boards should work.  It displays 720p without a glitch - I
>it will handle 1080p, but I have not tried it.  Also, one less card
means a
>more open system for better cooling.

Yeah, I thought about it, but I haven't fpund one, I can just seem to
find boards with integrated AIT or SiS chips, and I understand they are
not really HDTV-friendly?

I didn't find the Abit at my normal retailer, but I found it elsewhere.
There is a cheaper model (M2S) that has a GeForce6100. Is there (for
MythTV purposes) any diff what so ever between 6100 and 6150?

Also, does it do Boot from LAN and WOL?

And, I see no mention of S/PDIF? ... Oh wait.. the M2S is lacking it.
The M2 has it.

But, it does seem to be "just right" for the job., thanks!

Meddelandet har kontrollerats mot virus samt skadligt
innehåll av MailScanner och förmodas vara säkert.