[mythtv-users] XvMC not working - Nvidia

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Mar 27 22:07:33 UTC 2007

Damian Surr wrote:

> "ps-ae" did nothing on my distro (ubuntu), so I went straight to ..
> killall acroread
> it didn't find anything to kill.

Did you run 'ps -ae'  or 'ps-ae'   Different things.

>You may well be thinking along the right lines. Is there anything else
> that could be causing this?

You should a) find out what the process lister is in Ubuntu (=== ps in FC)

b)  run top in a window and see what is running when you least expect it....
c)  kill absolutely everything you do not actually *need* to hase running.

d)  strongly consider changing your mythbox to something like ratpoison
instead of kde...

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury