[mythtv-users] Video/Audio Stutter - Network Issues

Taylan Pince taylan at taylanpince.com
Tue Mar 27 03:47:46 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have been having increasing video and audio stutter issues since I
moved my apartment. I have the backend running on FC6, and the main
frontend running on my Mac mini, both wired to a Linksys router. I
also have a MacBook Pro frontend that I use from time to time, over
the wireless connection. They are all running 0.20, updated to the
latest version about a month ago.

I have been using this setup for about 6 months, so I don't think
there would be any hardware issues. But since I moved, I seem to have
some network problems. I experience the video / audio freeze (half a
second every 10 to 20 seconds) on both the Mac mini and the MacBook Pro.

Other than the backend's IP number, nothing really changed after the
move, so I have no clue as to where to look to solve this problem. I
am also experiencing a significant delay when trying to ssh to the
backend. The connection used to be instant, now it takes up to 10
seconds.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
Taylan