[mythtv-users] low-cost low-grief remote

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 27 03:34:06 UTC 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 10:24 PM, Angus wrote:

>     So are you saying with this I can use nearly any remote for
> MythTV?
> I haven't really gotten into the features of the program, so I'm not
> sure just what you can control in there with your remote, how many
> keys
> it uses, features, etc.

If you're going to be buying a PVR card the retail versions come with
a remote and a receiver that connects to the card itself, just be
sure you don't get the MCE version which is designed to work with the
Windows MCE USB thing.

You can map the keys on the Hauppauge remote to whatever functions
you want, it has 45 keys or so which I've found to be plenty.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org