[mythtv-users] Good Books/Websites on building computers

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 26 17:08:40 UTC 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 10:34 AM, Rich West wrote:

> Yes, true.  However, "How do I build a computer?" in itself isn't
> really
> Myth related.  "What are the requirements for a MythTV BE/FE machine?"
> That's something different, is it not?

At the very least a Myth user will need to install capture cards, be
able to decide if the video hardware is adequate, if the system has
enough DC power and CPU power to decode MPEG, and possibly encode it.
He/she will need to decide on storage methods, input devices like
remotes and keyboards etc.

How much more on-topic to a "Myth Users" list can you get ???

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org