[mythtv-users] Scaling HD on a SD-only frontend?

mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com
Mon Mar 26 15:41:37 UTC 2007

Phil Bridges wrote:
> I recently built a new SD-only (as of now) frontend based on a XP2500+
> feeding a SD TV through an AGP nVidia 5200.  SD plays fine (exepct for
> a little overscan-tweaking).  I tried playing a HD file, and it didn't
> stutter.  Unfortunately, it was only playing the left side of the
> output - I'd presume it was the upper-left 640x480 of the file.  Is
> there any way to have Myth and the video card scale this output to
> 640x480 on the fly for this frontend?

I think I saw this problem once before.

Go into Setup in the frontend and look under "Playback", I think it is.
  Somewhere in those pages of settings there's a place that says
something about having the menus and the video playback use different
settings.

You're able to specify what resolution certain input resolutions should
be scaled to.  I'm not positive that's how I solved that problem (it was
a least a few months ago I ran into it, and I doubt I made notes on it
since I've only seen it once).

Good luck.

jl