[mythtv-users] My schedule got deleted on upgrade!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 25 03:11:41 UTC 2007

On 03/24/2007 09:14 PM, Bill Williamson wrote:
> On 3/25/07, David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:
>
>> David Kramer wrote:
>>
>>> Ouch!  I just did a yum update  on my FC6 install, which upgraded Myth
>>> to mythtv-backend-0.20-154.fc6.at, and after that all my scheduled
>>> recordings went away!!!
>>>
>>> Is this a known problem?
>>>
>>> Which database table are they stored in?
>>>
>>> I would really like to get this fixed in the next couple of hours so I'm
>>> set up for tonight.
>>>
>> OK, answering my own post, because I see what happened. And it sucked.
>> And I want others to know about it.
>>
>> My kernel got updated, along with all my mythtv packages.  The ivtv
>> packages has the kernel version in it, but when you install a new
>> kernel, it doesn't upgrade ivtv.  So when I rebooted, ivtv didn't load,
>> and mythbackend must have said "Oh, that card doesn't exist anymore.
>> Let me remove all it's programming"!! DOH!!
>>
>> Is this really a desirable "feature"?  Can't it leave them in but
>> disabled or something?
> You are confusing the recording schedule with the database that stores
> what you WANT to record.
>
> It IS proper for it to delete everything from its upcoming recordings
> if your video source is gone as it can't record them!  If you readd
> the video source and then restart myth the scheduler will run again
> and re-add them to the upcoming recordings list.

If your capture card/drivers change, you'll need to delete and re-add
capture cards /and/ video sources.  You should also use the Delete All
buttons to delete them; otherwise, you'll leave old data there that will
likely cause problems.

But, Bill is right.  Fix the drivers/capture cards/video sources and all
will be well.

Mike