[mythtv-users] My schedule got deleted on upgrade!

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sun Mar 25 01:14:46 UTC 2007

On 3/25/07, David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:
> David Kramer wrote:
> > Ouch!  I just did a yum update  on my FC6 install, which upgraded Myth
> > to mythtv-backend-0.20-154.fc6.at, and after that all my scheduled
> > recordings went away!!!
> >
> > Is this a known problem?
> >
> > Which database table are they stored in?
> >
> > I would really like to get this fixed in the next couple of hours so I'm
> > set up for tonight.
>
> OK, answering my own post, because I see what happened. And it sucked.
> And I want others to know about it.
>
> My kernel got updated, along with all my mythtv packages.  The ivtv
> packages has the kernel version in it, but when you install a new
> kernel, it doesn't upgrade ivtv.  So when I rebooted, ivtv didn't load,
> and mythbackend must have said "Oh, that card doesn't exist anymore.
> Let me remove all it's programming"!! DOH!!
>
> Is this really a desirable "feature"?  Can't it leave them in but
> disabled or something?

You are confusing the recording schedule with the database that stores
what you WANT to record.

It IS proper for it to delete everything from its upcoming recordings
if your video source is gone as it can't record them!  If you readd
the video source and then restart myth the scheduler will run again
and re-add them to the upcoming recordings list.

I had the same thing happen when I left tzap running on one of my 2
DVB-T cards and then started mythtv.  Suddenly I had about 15
conflicts that weren't going to record!   I stopped myth, killed the
tzap that was using the card, and then restarted myth.  On startup it
fixed everything up.