[mythtv-users] Occasional audio sync issues

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Sat Mar 24 22:42:10 UTC 2007

I'm running MythTV 0.19 on a Celeron D 2.13ghz processor with 1G of
RAM, two 160G disks in RAID 1, and FC4. I have an ATI TV Wonder VE
capture card, I'm grabbing video using its RCA input from my cable
box, and audio using the line-in on my sound card. 95% of the time I
have no problems with this setup, but every now and then when I'm
watching a recorded TV show, the video and audio will get out of sync
for a bit. What seems to happen is that the audio keeps playing at
normal speed, and video goes very slowly. After a few seconds, the
video skips ahead a bit and things synchronize again. It doesn't seem
to be a problem with system resources at the time I'm watching, as I
can rewind and see the same skipping problem at the same spot. Any
ideas what might be causing this?

owen at nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.'
   --William Shakespeare