[mythtv-users] Occasional audio sync issues

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Sat Mar 24 22:42:10 UTC 2007

I'm running MythTV 0.19 on a Celeron D 2.13ghz processor with 1G of
RAM, two 160G disks in RAID 1, and FC4. I have an ATI TV Wonder VE
capture card, I'm grabbing video using its RCA input from my cable
box, and audio using the line-in on my sound card. 95% of the time I
have no problems with this setup, but every now and then when I'm
watching a recorded TV show, the video and audio will get out of sync
for a bit. What seems to happen is that the audio keeps playing at
normal speed, and video goes very slowly. After a few seconds, the
video skips ahead a bit and things synchronize again. It doesn't seem
to be a problem with system resources at the time I'm watching, as I
can rewind and see the same skipping problem at the same spot. Any
ideas what might be causing this?

--
owen at nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.'