[mythtv-users] Mickey Mouse-voices

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 10:44:02 UTC 2007

hi,

what does the mythfrontend log say ?
I also had some jumpy playback (like, faster than normal liveTV playback, then pause to wait for the ring buffer, on and on), and all I could relate it to was the vsync timing method. I looked in the code and disabled the DRM timing method in libmythtv/vsync.cpp (not sure about the exact location in the source code). I recompiled and the timing vsync method switched to RTC. The playback worked again normally. I then removed my code change, restored the original code, recompiled. The vsync timing method changed back to DRM but without the first issue. Since then, everything's been working nicely. Don't ask me what caused the problem at the 1st place ... another mystery of nature ...

J.

Jimmy Hedman <jimmy.hedman at southpole.se> wrote: Hello,
I have a MythTV 0.20-installation that I've been using 6-7 months which
have been working really good. But all of a sudden all recordings, both
old and new, have "Mickey Mouse"-voices, ie they are pitched up. The
recordings play in normal speed but are "jumpy".
I first thought it was some heat problems and that the CPU was throttling
or such, but it is still there after a night turned off.
I have made no changes to the box when this appeared. A week earlier I did
a DVB rescan, that's the only thing done with it since I installed it.
top and vmstat shows that I have plenty of idle power, low IO, no swapping
and no other oddities.
Any ideas what this could be?

Many thanks in advance,
Jimmy Hedman