[mythtv-users] Dual Hauppauge cards (150&500)

Bill White raygions at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 23:56:44 UTC 2007

--- "Mark A. O'Neil" <mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Before I rush off to the  ivtv list with this I'd
> like to confirm I
> am not simply missing something trivial.
>
> I have new hardware, to which I have moved the file
> system and
> database from my old system. I also moved my old
> PVR-500 and bought a
> new 150.
>
> The new box is based on the ASUS M2N-PV-VM with a
> 2600GHz AMD64
> processor, running FC6 and MythTV 0.20.
>
> The difficulty I am having is that the system works
> fine with just
> the PVR-150 (with remote - nice...) or with just the
> PVR500, but not
> with /both/.
>
> When both are in the system channel discovery fails
> for almost all
> channels and all tuners are so snowy the image is
> unrecognizable.
>
> Here is the modprobe.conf file for when all three
> are installed. I
> comment out the second and/or third ivtv line
> depending on which
> single card is installed.
>
> alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
> alias scsi_hostadapter sata_sil24
> alias eth0 forcedeth
> alias scsi_hostadapter1 sata_nv
> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
> options snd-hda-intel index=0
> remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0
> >/dev/null 2>&1
> || : ; }; /sbin
> /modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel
> remove snd-mpu401 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 1
> >/dev/null 2>&1
> || : ; }; /sbin/mo
> dprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-mpu401
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> #150 only or 500 only
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> #500 only or 500 with 150
> alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
> #500 with 150 only
> alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
> install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
> --ignore-install
> lirc_i2c
> alias snd-card-1 snd-mpu401
> options snd-card-1 index=1
> options snd-mpu401 index=1
>
> Ideas and suggestions welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> -m

Mark,
I have a similar system to you, except I am running
FC5 and have a PVR-250 and PVR-500...and mine works.
:-/  I dunno if it will help, but here is my
modprobe.conf.
//---------------modprobe.conf
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias eth0 forcedeth
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_nv
# sound configurations
options disable_msi=1
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0
>/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r
--ignore-remove snd-hda-intel
alias snd-card-1 snd-mpu401
options snd-mpu401 index=1
remove snd-mpu401 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 1
>/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r
--ignore-remove snd-mpu401
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 position_fix=1 model=3stack
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-8776
alias nvidia nvidia-1_0-8776