[mythtv-users] Dual Hauppauge cards (150&500)

Mark A. O'Neil mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Mar 20 20:08:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

Before I rush off to the  ivtv list with this I'd like to confirm I
am not simply missing something trivial.

I have new hardware, to which I have moved the file system and
database from my old system. I also moved my old PVR-500 and bought a
new 150.

The new box is based on the ASUS M2N-PV-VM with a 2600GHz AMD64
processor, running FC6 and MythTV 0.20.

The difficulty I am having is that the system works fine with just
the PVR-150 (with remote - nice...) or with just the PVR500, but not
with /both/.

When both are in the system channel discovery fails for almost all
channels and all tuners are so snowy the image is unrecognizable.

Here is the modprobe.conf file for when all three are installed. I
comment out the second and/or third ivtv line depending on which
single card is installed.

alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_sil24
alias eth0 forcedeth
alias scsi_hostadapter1 sata_nv
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel index=0
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin
/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel
remove snd-mpu401 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 1 >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin/mo
dprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-mpu401
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
#150 only or 500 only
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
#500 only or 500 with 150
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
#500 with 150 only
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c
alias snd-card-1 snd-mpu401
options snd-card-1 index=1
options snd-mpu401 index=1