[mythtv-users] OT: Computer Optical Out Expert Needed, Soltek SL-K8TPro-939 Audio Optical Out connector

David Krainess davidkrainess at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 00:04:51 UTC 2007

Hi all,

OK, I replaced my amplifier from 1985, and now want to use more than the 1/4" jack.

My Soltek SL-K8TPro-939 has optical in and out recepticals for audio.  I am wondering what the socket is.  I can kind of cram a TOSLINK cable in there, but it is not quite the fit like on the back of my receiver, it knocks out easy.  Manual and Google search doesn't answer much for me, just references SPDIF optical in and out.

This page has a shot of the connectors (one plastic flip down is pink, one is gray), 2nd image down  (between the 9 pin serial port and USB ports) on the ATX panel, http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/motherboards/soltek/k890pro/p3.htm.

Anybody know if it is a hack job on a TOSLINK socket or what type of cable is needed.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks