[mythtv-users] no scheduled jobs appear in front end

Jarett Creason nobleiceman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 23:37:43 UTC 2007

On 3/18/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/16/2007 12:21 AM, Brock Palen wrote:
> > Ok this is strange,  I'm running myth-0.20 on fedora core 6.  When i
> > schedule a recording from the front end, it never appears in the
> > 'upcoming recordings'  And if i go back to the program in the guide
> > it does not say its going to record (and never does)  The program to
> > record does show up in myth web,  and i see entries in the 'record'
> > table in the database.  Has anyone else seen this?  I What could
> > cause such problem to happen it was working fine until i updated all
> > the DST stuff but both the system and mysql have the right date and
> > time.
> Your input connections configuration is broken.  The best way to fix it
> is to use the "Delete All" button in mythtv-setup's Video Sources screen
> to delete all video sources (it must be with the Delete All button) and
> then re-create video sources, input connections, and channels.
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

This exact same thing happened to me...  It didn't happen out of the blue to
me though, I was formatting and reloading my main backend.  I backed up my
database, then loaded Ubuntu 6.10 on my box (had FC4) and imported the
database I had before.  Most things worked correctly, except for the
upcoming recordings.  I thought it was because the channel ID's were messed
up, but I could go to the program guide, say, 'Record this showing' and it
comes right back and says it is not going to record it.

I had tried using the 'Delete All' on everything in the mythtv-setup
utility, but it didn't work at first.  What I finally did that fixed it was
I went into the database and deleted everything from the 'settings' table
that had my old hostname, because in the process of reloading my myth box, I
changed the hostname.  Then I went back into mythtv-setup and did the
'Delete All' thing again and now it's showing up that I have shows going to
be recorded!  I also did have to re-do some of the programs because the
channel ID's are different, but that's easily done through MythWeb.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20070318/ce6b3004/attachment.htm 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list