[mythtv-users] Getting lirc working

Angus sylvania at istop.com
Sun Mar 18 22:06:52 UTC 2007

Jon wrote:
> Angus wrote:
>>     Ok, so we are clear about this:
>> 1. I should hack into saa7134-input.c
> IIRC, I edited *-cards.c, saa7134-cards.c for yours
>> 2. Find the switch(dev->board) and have it execute the code for case
>> SAA7134_BOARD_KWORLD_TERMINATOR. This would be in the
>> saa7134_input_init1() function.
> There was basically a case statement on the pci vendor id, the last one
> being 0 or null which was set to UKNOWN/GENERIC.  I changed it so that
> it defaulted to the actual card that I have.
>> 3. We are talking about the saa7134-input.c in the kernel source, right?
>> I'm asking, because v4l has a "driver" tar ball with files similarly named.
> Same file, different version, presumably.
>> 4. You did all this with only hello_world.c knowledge?
> Yes, well I can read code better than I can write it.  It was literally
> only two lines that I changed.

    Well, I went into the saa7134_board_init1() function of
saa7134-cards.c and right before switch (dev->board) I put:
       dev->board = SAA7134_BOARD_KWORLD_TERMINATOR;
This would ensure that the case statement for the KWorld Terminator
would be taken. After building my own kernel, it made no difference,
except that I didn't need to specify the card= in the modprobe call. I
still needed to set tuner= however.