[mythtv-users] USB-UIRT under Ubuntu Edgy and lirc 0.8.1 ?

John Novak hetzerrr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 19:15:55 UTC 2007

I have installed lirc 0.8.1 succesfully with Ubuntu Edgy and can see that
RAW mode data is reliably received at lircd.

However, irrecord is failing on a TIVO Series One Sony remote and a Yamaha
RAV224.  It is incapable of deducing the decoding scheme with this
configuration.

I can see the data stream arriving, but have been unable to figure out how
to configure lircd to perform the appropriate decoding on the USB-UIRT RAW
data stream.

If anyone has any similar remotes working in this configuration I'd
appreciate having a look at your lircd.conf files for pointers wrt parameter
settings.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.