[mythtv-users] What Does "DiSEqCDevTree, Warning: No device tree" Mean?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun Mar 18 18:50:04 UTC 2007

On 3/17/2007 12:34 PM Jon said the following:

>Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>

>>I have a front/back end comb running .20 build 12783 (I think - I use
>>Gentoo's portage system to build).  It has two tuners, a PVR-250 (cardid
>>4) and a pcHDTV 3000 (cardid5).  Every time I run mythtv-setup, I get
>>the following error referring to the pcHDTV 3000 card:
>>
>>2007-03-17 08:41:37.721 DiSEqCDevTree, Warning: No device tree for cardid 5
>>Segmentation fault
>>
>>What does this error mean and how can I resolve it?  I've Googled on
>>the error and got a few results as people who couldn't get their cards
>>working posted logs.  However my system seems to work fine.  I'd like to
>>understand what this error means.
>>

>It means either your diseqc settings were deleted or never saved.  If
>you can get into mythtv-setup, go to capture card -> diseqc and
>verify/fix, otherwise you'll have to either fix diseqc_tree and
>diseqc_conf tables manually, or remove cardid 5 from cardinput.

Thank you for your reply.  I didn't even know what "diseqc" was but
Googling revealed that it's a way to control satellite equipment such as
rotors, multi-switches, or LNBs.  So OK, in my case my pcHDTV 3000 is
attached to an OTA antenna.  I use it for receiving ATSC signals and
have no need for any diseqc settings AFIK.  So what should be in the
diseqc_conf table to eliminate this error?  Or should I even care?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!