[mythtv-users] Can't get system to wake up at set time.

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 08:44:07 UTC 2007

I think you´ll get it working ; )

On 3/18/07, Craig Huff <huffcs at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Henrik,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion.
>
> I take it that you mean the BIOS setting for enabling/disabling the HW
> alarm clock.  If so, I have tried your suggestion and it didn't work for me.

No, my bad.
I mean the shutdown script that sets the system time to the hardwareclock at
shutdown.
Try and disable it and see.

Note that I had been successful getting the system to wakeup at a set time
> with the alarm clock enabled in the BIOS if I shutdown using the front-panel
> soft-power button but not if I let Fedora Core 6 shutdown the system.
>
> I use nvram-wakeup to access /dev/nvram and /dev/rtc instead of using
> /proc/acpi/alarm because /proc/acpi/alarm is apparently misconfigured
> somewhere (dsdt? BIOS? FC6?).
>
> If I do:
> #      cat /proc/acpi/alarm
> I get a bogus return like:
>       2007-00-00 00:00:00
> even when I first set the alarm in the BIOS (or using nvram-wakeup).
>
> If I set the alarm with:
> #      echo "2007-03-17 16:30:45" > /proc/acpi/alarm
> I can get the same value back when I "cat" it, but it isn't set in the
> nvram if I reboot and go into the BIOS to check it.

My motherboard doesn´t show the settings in bios but it still works, try
disabling the hwclock setting at shutdown and try again, it´s likely that it
will work even though the alarm time doesn´t show in bios. Also my alarm
time doesn´t show in /proc/acpi/alarm after reboot. Can´t remeber if I have
a bios alarm wakeup once a month i BIOS, I have a vague memory that  I had
to set a  bogus entry there to get it to work.

/Henrik

Craig Huff