[mythtv-users] Player commands?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 17:31:56 UTC 2007

On 17/03/07, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:
> Hello!
> I am just curious to which of these keys actually controls DVD playback?
> And also, which key controls which player is used to control DVB-T
> recordings? I seem to have a weird little problem where the internal
> player is used for Analouge recordings from my PVR-cards, but it calls
> on mplayer for DVB-T recordings, which doesn't really work properly for
> me.
> DVDPlayerCommand mplayer dvd:// -dvd-device %d -fs -zoom -vo xv mythbox
> mythdvd.DVDPlayerCommand Internal mythbox

If you use the Internal media player for all playback, the regular
MythTV keys (see keys.txt) control playback and navigation. If you use
a third party media player (mplayer, xine) you need to use their own
key settings, and/or define separate lircrc configs for those players
if you are using a remote control.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: