[mythtv-users] Odd issue with two TVs, Two Video Cards and HDMI

Brent brent at brentnorris.net
Sat Mar 17 11:53:51 UTC 2007

Video Cards:
    ATI Radeon 9550
    ASUS M2NPV-VM with onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6150
HDTVs:
    RCA HD50LPW42 (50 inch DLP Projection TV)
    Ilo 32inch LCD (My wife is asleep in there, so can't check the model)

Both TVs have HDMI on them, both video cards have DVI out.

ATI -> RCA : works
NVIDIA -> RCA: doesn't work
NVIDIA -> Ilo: works

and when I say doesn't work for the NVIDIA/RCA combo, I mean the TV
doesn't even show up as connected.  In Linux or Windows.  It is like it
doesn't even exist.  But when I hook the ATI card up, it is detected
right away in Windows and works.  I don't get it.  How can it be
detected on one and not the other?  Please help this is breaking my brain.

Brent