[mythtv-users] HD TV Out Video Card Options?

Mark Bell markb at pilgrim.com
Sat Mar 17 02:08:46 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Justin Moore
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 9:58 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HD TV Out Video Card Options?

>> Can anyone give me any input on a decent PCIEx16 or PCIEx4 video card
>> mythtv .20
>> I will need to output to a HD Monitor via Component somehow and a PC
>> via DVI or VGA
>> New motherboard does not have an AGP slot and onboard video is Intel
>> X3000
> The DVI or VGA part is easy, just about any nVidia card with a PCI
> interface should work, from the 5300 on up.
> Component output is a little harder to find, and of course costs more.
> might want to consider an external converter of some sort if you can't
find a
> card with component output.

I have the Gigabyte GeForce 7100GS.  It comes with a small 'HDTV'
adaptor that has s-video, composite, and component output.  See

It's fanless and is <$50.

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:	justin at cs.duke.edu
Web:	http://www.cs.duke.edu/~justin/
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org

[Mark Bell]

There is a review on Newegg that says they couldn't get this card to
display a 1080i picture reliably