[mythtv-users] Confused By channel data

Mark Bell markb at pilgrim.com
Fri Mar 16 22:32:28 UTC 2007

Cool thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Rod Smith
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 6:28 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Confused By channel data

On Friday 16 March 2007 17:56, Mark Bell wrote:
> I thought I had this setup done
> Using a PVR-150 and a fusion 5 lite
> Setup two separate line ups with zap2it
> Comcast digital and standard cable
> Assigned standard to 150 and digital lineup to fusion
> Scan and fill database
> I only get data for the PVR-150
> And unknown for all channels on the fusion
> The fusion does list the station id (whdh-hd)

On my cable system (Cox in Rhode Island), MythTV doesn't seem to pick up
xmltvid values for the digital stations -- at least, not for the
locals that Cox carries. I don't know if this is a MythTV issue, a
issue, or some sort of interaction, and I also don't know if it's the
problem you're seeing. The solution for me was to locate the xmltvid
manually (using http://www.zap2it.com, getting a listing for the
and viewing the link for a station; the xmltvid is the part of the URL
identified as "stnNum"). They can then be plugged into mythbackend using

either MythWeb or mythtv-setup.

Rod Smith
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org