[mythtv-users] Confused By channel data

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Fri Mar 16 22:28:20 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007 17:56, Mark Bell wrote:
> I thought I had this setup done
>

> Using a PVR-150 and a fusion 5 lite
>

> Setup two separate line ups with zap2it
>
> Comcast digital and standard cable
>
> Assigned standard to 150 and digital lineup to fusion
>

> Scan and fill database
>

> I only get data for the PVR-150
>
> And unknown for all channels on the fusion
>
> The fusion does list the station id (whdh-hd)

On my cable system (Cox in Rhode Island), MythTV doesn't seem to pick up the
xmltvid values for the digital stations -- at least, not for the unencrypted
locals that Cox carries. I don't know if this is a MythTV issue, a Zap2It
issue, or some sort of interaction, and I also don't know if it's the same
problem you're seeing. The solution for me was to locate the xmltvid values
manually (using http://www.zap2it.com, getting a listing for the provider,
and viewing the link for a station; the xmltvid is the part of the URL that's
identified as "stnNum"). They can then be plugged into mythbackend using
either MythWeb or mythtv-setup.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com