[mythtv-users] MacOSX frontend & 1080i

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:30:24 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> > Also, I doubt the LCD is being run at 150Hz, where does Myth show
> > that?   I think LCDs are set to 60Hz by default, although it's hard to
> > tell for sure.   I installed SwitchResX control panel & output the DDC
> > data for the display, and it showed it was running 1440x900 @ 60Hz.
>
> It is reported (for me) when using -v playback:
> 2007-03-12 09:52:04.014 VideoOutputQuartz::GetRefreshRate() [returning 150]

Hmm,.   I grep'd my log for that, and it is also returning150.  So, I
looked in videoout_quartz.cpp, and it looks like 150 is the value it
uses if it doesn't get a valid refresh rate:

    // Find the refresh rate of our screen
    CFDictionaryRef m;
    m = CGDisplayCurrentMode(data->screen);
    data->refreshRate = get_float_CF(m, kCGDisplayRefreshRate);
    if (data->refreshRate == 0.0)    // LCD display?
        data->refreshRate = 150.0;   // Divisible by 25Hz and 30Hz
minimise AV sync waiting

I'm not sure how that effects playback, but it seems to be the
expected behavior for LCDs, and playback is okay on mine.  So, I would
guess this is not the issue.