[mythtv-users] Modelines - again.... SOLVED

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 16:18:58 UTC 2007

On 3/11/07, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> Yan Seiner napsal(a):
> > Steven Adeff napsal(a):
> >> Don't completely disable EDID, use the "ModeValidation" options, try
> >> NoEdidModes,
> >> Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes"
> >>
> >> I'll try and summarize these for the wiki page.
> >>

> > No joy:
> >
> HA!
> The !@#$%^ nvidia driver will not allow you to use a custom modeline
> with the same name as one of its own....
> So if you use a different name, it will take it happily....
> In other words, a custom modeline with the name "1280x720" will not be
> recognized, as it matches nVidia's own internal name.
> But a modeline of "1080x680" will work since it has a different name....
> --Yan

please don't break threads, it makes it difficult for people searching
the list to find your resolution.

you can also disable the nvidia custom modelines with the
ModeValidation option. or use what I send in response to the original

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -