[mythtv-users] Modelines - again.... SOLVED

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Mar 11 16:02:36 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner napsal(a):
> Steven Adeff napsal(a):
>> Don't completely disable EDID, use the "ModeValidation" options, try
>> NoEdidModes,
>> Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes"
>> I'll try and summarize these for the wiki page.
> No joy:

The !@#$%^ nvidia driver will not allow you to use a custom modeline
with the same name as one of its own....

So if you use a different name, it will take it happily....

In other words, a custom modeline with the name "1280x720" will not be
recognized, as it matches nVidia's own internal name.

But a modeline of "1080x680" will work since it has a different name....