[mythtv-users] Custom Schedule Help

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun Mar 11 15:11:32 UTC 2007

On 3/10/2007 6:43 PM D said the following:

>>This almost accomplishes what I want.  However when the listing
>>information is such that MythTV can not tell they are the same show, it
>>records both.
>>

>To clarify, you are saying that if Myth can't ID the show enough to
>prevent dupes, it will record the show on both tuners at the same
>time, right?

Yes, it records the same show on both tuners and sometimes I miss other
shows at the same time because both tuners are busy.  As an example, my
wife likes Cops.  Well Cops is on so often that I have given it a
priority of -2.  Well many times, Cops is on at the same time as Joe
Brown but Joe Brown has the default priority of 0 so Myth records both
episodes of it and doesn't record Cops.  Thus I get a dupe of Joe Brown
and no Cops.

Thanks,

Drew

--