[mythtv-users] MythArchive Guide - Burning TV Programs to DVD

Phil Tanguay gogades at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 05:12:46 UTC 2007

On 3/9/07, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> Just trying to fill some gaps in the MythTV user documentation based on
> feedback from my customers. One area that often causes confusion is how to
> quickly archive recorded TV programs to DVD.
>
> Hence I've generated the following simple guide on the process, and I'm
> asking for feedback - http://openmedia.co.nz/openmedia/content/view/76/59/
>
> I have tried to keep this guide as generic as possible so that it is
> suitable for all MythTV users. This is part of a series on MythTV/myPVR
> tips we started recently, and I'm also open to suggestions for future
> articles.

Thanks for the guide, Steven, I think it will be very useful !

I've given some thought on  making a  "1 click" solution to  archiving to
disk - it would be nice to  be able to do it right from the "View
Recordings" screen without having to go thru several (and sometimes
counter-intuitive, IMO) steps.  I'm not sure how easy or difficult it would
be to tie the MythArchive plugin into a completely different part of the UI,
however.  Comments?