[mythtv-users] Problem getting AverTVHD A180 going.

mike michaelachandler at cox.net
Thu Mar 8 05:32:38 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 19:01, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> mike wrote:
> >>
> >> I would start by using the dvb utilities for scanning.  This will show
> >> you if you have channels that Myth can pick up.  Also, did you do all
> >> the firmware loading steps?  Check your /var/log/messages for a note
> >> about the firmware loading.
> >>
> >> Once you can successfully scan channels *outside* of Myth, then it
> >> should be no problem inside.
> >>
> >> Kevin
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out how to get this firmware by the steps, but I
> > have a custom built kernel-2.6.20.1. The steps don't apply, as far as I
> > can tell. I sorta thought the driver was the whole point of that, but how
> > could I know. Thanks,
>
> In the kernel documentation folder for the dvb stuff there should be a
> firmware grabbing script.  It is pretty much outlined in the A180 page
> on the wiki
>
> Kevin
It is outlined, but I had to figure where everything was. I'm a little slow
sometimes.
In any case, I have the card, and the channels I selected, and a black screen
which displays a notice something along the lines of "you should have gotten
a signal lock by now..." and pressing Y changes me back to my regular input.
There's nothing else. So I have to ask the landlord (again) if he really does
have hi-def service.
He says he does, but he's a busy guy (aren't we all) and for all I know the
cable co. might not have sent us the signal.
Thanks again, I'm getting closer, I think...
Mike