[mythtv-users] Enabling DPMS poweroff from the keyboard?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Mar 7 15:46:43 UTC 2007

Dave <dave at 0bits.com> says:
> Of course, just bind a key on your remote or keyboard to the command
>
>   xset dpms force off

The problem--a minor one--with this approach is that this means that
button is only good for turning off the display, not turning it
on. Pushing another button would turn the display on, but the
inability to use the first button as a toggle horribly, horribly
offends my aesthetics, or something like that. See
<URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Customized_Remote_Control_Keys>,
which contains a kludgy-but-mostly-workable script I wrote to turn
said button into a true toggle.