[mythtv-users] Enabling DPMS poweroff from the keyboard?

Andrew Leahy aleahy at knox.edu
Wed Mar 7 12:05:42 UTC 2007

Hello,

My mythtv box plugs into the TV via a $15 modulator I picked up at
Walmart. When the video card sends a signal over TV-Out, the modulator
kicks in and replaces the signal from channel 3 on the antenna with the
signal from the computer. Currently, when I want to use my mythtv box to
watch a recorded show, I plug the cable from the TV-Out port into the
back of the modulator and when I'm finished I unplug the cable and the
signal returns to normal.

Obviously, this isn't an elegant solution, and using mythtv as my
primary viewing method isn't an option.  I'd like to be able to turn the
signal from the video card off or on by enabling/disabling DPMS poweroff
mode in X windows with the touch of a button on my keyboard.  Does
anyone know how this might be possible?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Leahy