[mythtv-users] Compile strangeness with svn 0.20.1.

Graeme McClinton graeme.mcclinton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:41:42 UTC 2007

I'm trying to compile svn 0.20.1 with DVB support enabled.

When doing this the "make" step takes a lot less time than the "make
install" step, and "make install" doesn't actually install anything.

When I compile without DVB, everything appears normal, with make taking a
long time and make install being pretty quick, with working software at the
end.

But I need DVB. Could this be a bug?

I had a working setup, through ATrpms, but I made the decision to compile my
own from svn, because of compatibility issues with a remote frontend I've
just installed.

I figured if I got stuck, I could always re-install the rpms from ATrpms. No
such luck, he no longer carries them for FC4.

Would it be possible to re-install from the cached RPMs? I've never heard of
this being done, but I don't see why you couldn't.

Any input would be appreciated.

--
No, no, you see the rules of language are purely arbitrary stodgy
ivory-tower crap we doesn't have to worried aboard because everytime history