[mythtv-users] uPnP to Xbox 360

Rob Baumstark rbaumstark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 03:29:00 UTC 2007

On 3/2/07, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
>  Video however must be in WMV format, and I've been able to play my wmv files, but at the moment since myth doesn't have any on the fly transcoding streaming it directly from myth isn't an option until we have a transcoding mechanism for streamed content in place.

The 360 will also stream/play MPEG2 transport streams - which is
exactly what MythTV gets from my DCT over the firewire cable - just
named .mpg instead of .ts.  If someone gets upnp working firewire/DVB
users should be able to stream content quite easily.  The 360 might
also stream MPEG2 program-streams, which would let most other people
stream video from myth as well.