[mythtv-users] uPnP to Xbox 360

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Mar 2 12:31:42 UTC 2007

> I have heard people talk about it a few times, but I can't seem to find
> a good status page.  Has it been done? do it work?

 I've done some work on it and can access the listsings of my music and such
but there are a few changes I need to work on to get music to play perfectly and
I've been distracted with some works projects.

Right now it sporadically works ;)

 Video however must be in WMV format, and I've been able to play my wmv files, but at the moment since myth doesn't have any on the fly transcoding streaming it directly from myth isn't an option until we have a transcoding mechanism for streamed content in place.

> I am running Axel's packages from the stable branch and nothing on my
> network (including my 360) shows the server as available through uPnP.

 The 360 requires the name of the server to be in aspecific format along
with a few other headers which are only available under SVN.