[mythtv-users] Pixelation Issues

D daspiras at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:52:59 UTC 2007

I only have a sd tube tv - it should be 4:3.  My first thought was an
overscan issue. but the mythtv gui fills the screen except for a wee
bit at the top and the bottom that I need to tweak the overscan for.
Recording at 4:3 on the other hand, places black bars on the left and
right side of the video when playing back (unless I zoom or fill).
Square on the other hand works and looks fine, filling the same
screensize as mythgui,  but it seems like the wrong thing to be doing.
   Maybe I should try recording at 4:3 and playing it on my desktop to
see if the black bars are indeed encoded in the video as I think they
are.

I mean, technically it looks as good as the regular live straight
cable to tv for everything except sporting events, but it doesn't seem
to be the right thing to be doing.