[mythtv-users] Automatic XvMC switching?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 01:50:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

Right now i am running a P4 3.4Ghz FE/BE system and it works great without
XvMC.  The only thing i dont like is the processor is running at about 70%
capacity when viewing HD.  Correct me if I am wrong but is the following
idea ever going to be deployed?

When viewing HD have XvMC turned on but when i push the menu or PiP button
it turns off XvMC and uses the processor. Then goes back to XvMC when
playing.

The main reason I want this is because I want to do editing for recordings
but you cant do that with XvMC.  Also because if I am watching HD and the
commflagger is running it pretty much stops only doing about 10fps.  When
XvMC is enable it can run much faster.

Just an idea. Thoughts?

Mitchell