[mythtv-users] channel browsing and tuner jumping

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Mon Mar 5 21:10:05 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

Firstly thanks to Mark Kendall who told me exactly what my DVB-S
scanning problem was last Friday

My new question - I have a DVB Satellite tuner card and also a PVR350
for the 4 Irish channels.  Whats great is that I seem to be able to go
directly to any channel by entering its number - MythTV seems to be
switching tuners automatically (great stuff - the old MythTV didn't seem
to do that!)

But channel Up / channel Down doesn't seem to work this way - if I'm on
the PVR350 tuner and I click up to a Satellite channel it just seems to
pop back to the PVR350 channel again - same story if I'm on a DVB
channel and I try to channel hop to a PVR TV channel.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

thanks very much!

Derek