[mythtv-users] audio gone with pvr-350?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 5 03:56:30 UTC 2007

hey again,

in my last post i described some problems i'm having upgrading a mythtv
system to 0.20 from 0.18.  fortunately (i thought) i had carefully
cloned my underlying system before upgrading.  so i have my old 0.18
system back up and running, and everything's fine

... except...

now all of a sudden my pvr-350 no longer RECORDS audio.  the old
recordings, from 2 or 4 days ago, still play back normally with audio as
expected, but the new recordings, have perfect video but play no audio
at all.  as far as i can tell the audio stream is simply missing from
the file.

i'm getting some ivtv0 messages in dmesg, don't know if this has
anything to do with it, but here they are:

[4295346.638000] ivtv0 warning: i2c client addr: 0x40 not found for
command 0x80287610!
[4295346.638000] ivtv0 warning: i2c client addr: 0x40 not found for
command 0x40287611!

so it would be great if anyone could help with this.  i look forward to
getting SOME version of mythtv back up and running!

thanks,

matt

--
Matt Price