[mythtv-users] Writing a dual layer DVD+R DL disk

Ackster ackster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:39:04 UTC 2007

Mark Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to write an image onto a dual layer DVD+R disk using growisofs:
>
> growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso
>
> On my FC6 Myth box, it consistently gets a third of the way in before
> failing:

I also had much troubles with my brand new Plextor.  Then I upgraded to
a 2.6.20x kernel, switched to a SATA model and stopped using the
apparently poor PATA drivers, using the new SCSI - SATA drivers in the
new kernel, and switched media to Verbatim.  Ever since, I've had
complete success.  Before that, every DL was a coaster, and that gets
costly to test out.  Go SATA and your life will become less stressful.

-Ack