[mythtv-users] SPDIF and HDMI

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:29:47 UTC 2007

yes you have to enable IEC958 in the mixer.

in terminal "alsamixer" use the arrow keys and move over to IEC958 and push
'm' to unmute them, there maybe a bunch of them or just one.  My sound card
have about 5 differant IEC's i just played with them until i heard sound.  A
good way to test is to let mplayer play something with digital audio in the
background to do this use...

mplayer -ac hwac3 filename

Now mess with the switches until you hear something.

Mitchell