[mythtv-users] Writing a dual layer DVD+R DL disk

Mark Smith mark at chez-moi.org.uk
Sun Mar 4 12:47:48 UTC 2007

In message <D60A57CB-F6B3-471A-B7F4-F555C8409A13 at beww.org>
          Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> > You might try a different brand. A different burner might help, too.
>
> You might clean the laser lens. When they get dirty they start to
> fail on the DL disks before they crap out on the single-layer ones.

I also have a newer (1 year as opposed to 2 year old) NEC drive in my main
Linux server. This one's an ND-4550A.

Writing to the same batch of DL disks also fails on this, but only gets about
10% of the way through.

Has anyone had success writing DL disks with an NEC drive? Are they
particularly prone to problems with dirty mechanisms? I have a Liteon writer
in another box - I'll try that as well and see if I have success. If not, the
media must be suspect, but interesting that it consistently fails at two
different points on two different NEC drives.

--
Mark Smith - Surrey, UK
http://www.chez-moi.org.uk/