[mythtv-users] Writing a dual layer DVD+R DL disk

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 16:36:40 UTC 2007

its possible that data flow cant keep up with the speed of the writer.
you can pass cdrecord options thru growisofs. i would recommend
limiting the write speed with speed=4 or something. also use the dummy
flag until you succeed to avoid making more coasters, then you can
bump up the speed a little and try again. some drives have a burnfree
option, which can be enabled via the command line as well. read the
man pages for growisofs, mkisofs, and cdrecord.

also check to make sure you have DMA enabled on all of your drives.
use hdparm /dev/<device> to check, if it's set to 0, turn it on with
hdparm -d1 /dev/<device>.  although most systems automatically enable
it these days by default.
-J