[mythtv-users] PVR-350 on FC6 black screen on playback

Fred Firestine ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:48:54 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Apologies if you have seen this on the ivtv list... After being a big
fan of MythTV for months on Fedora Core 4, I decided it was time to
upgrade to Fedora Core 6 (actually a fresh install). Most of my
settings, database info, etc. have been migrated properly, and
everything is working, except for watching recorded programs. When I
press play, sometimes I see a flash of the program followed by a black
screen, most of the time just a black screen. Audio is fine. I have
been searching around for several days now, and this seems to be a
common problem. The IVTV Howto recommends the following in
/etc/modprobe.conf:

options ivtv-fb osd_compat=1

This does not work for me. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I
noticed that if I minimize mythfrontend, I can see the video image
"bleeding through" the icons on the desktop, the taskbar, etc. Is
there any way I can take advantage of that as a workaround?

Please help. My family is abandoning MythTV for the VCR.  :-(

My setup:

Fedora Core 6 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6
MythTV 0.20.153
Two capture cards: PVR-350, PVR-150
Video output on PVR-350 TV Out

[root at mythtv rules.d]# rpm -qa ivtv*
ivtv-0.10.1-126.fc6.at
ivtv_xdriver-0.10.7-8_r3843.fc6.at
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6-0.10.1-126.fc6.at
ivtv-firmware-20070217-13.at

/var/log/messages output during playback:

Mar  3 13:15:19 mythtv kernel: ivtv0: Stereo mode changed
Mar  3 13:15:19 mythtv kernel: ivtv0-fb warning: ivtv_fb_prep_frame:
Nothing to do. count = 0
Mar  3 13:15:40 mythtv last message repeated 610 times
Mar  3 13:15:40 mythtv kernel: ivtv0-fb warning:
IVTVFB_IOCTL_GET_ACTIVE_BUFFER no longer supported
Mar  3 13:15:40 mythtv kernel: ivtv0-fb warning:  - Please use
FBIOGET_VSCREENINFO
Mar  3 13:15:41 mythtv kernel: ivtv0-fb warning: ivtv_fb_prep_frame:
Nothing to do. count = 0

Thanks for your help!

Fred