[mythtv-users] blue tooth / wireless keyborad

Phil gogades at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 19:34:03 UTC 2007

On 3/2/07, Rod Smith <mythtv at rodsbooks.com> wrote:

> For the most part, this works well. The main drawback is that the IR
> receiver
> occasionally misses the key-up part of the IR signal from the URC-6131
> remote, and MythTV responds as if this were many keypresses in quick
> succession. Perhaps disabling auto-repeat in X would fix this, but I
> haven't
> gotten around to trying it. I have yet to see this happen when I'm using
> the
> actual keyboard.

I had the exact same problem - very annoying when it happened when
increasing the volume ! :-)   And indeed, turning off auto-repeat does the
trick.  I just added "xset r off" to my .xinitrc and that solved the problem
perfectly.

As far as remotes go, I learned my keyboard keystroke on a Sony RM-VL600 and
it's quite nice - all the buttons I need, and it's relatively inexpensive -
around $40 canadian.  Good simple combination without  futzing with a serial
lirc receiver.  Highly recommended.

http://www.remotecentral.com/ureview/116.htm