[mythtv-users] AMD guide to building a Media PC

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sat Mar 3 03:02:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 18:57 -0800, Tom Greer wrote:
> Since this is directly from NVIDIA, it makes me feel very comfortable
> that my choices in hardware are sufficient to support full HDTV
> without any annoying prebuffering pauses.

I wouldn't.  That's marketing speak you've been reading.  And I'd bet
that the marketing folks never talk to the folks that write the Linux
drivers... ;)

<Yoda voice>
"PureVideo HD video processing?" Heh. "Media and Communications
Processor?" Feh. Our own counsel this list will keep when choosing
HDTV-capable hardware.
</Yoda voice>

	-I