[mythtv-users] Myth upgrade 0.19->0.20 and MySQL upgrade 4.1->5.0 ?

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Fri Mar 2 19:37:24 UTC 2007

> Just wondering if anyone has a link to a repository of known
> "gotchas" when upgrading MythTV 0.19 to 0.20, and at the same time
> upgrading MySQL from 4.1.x to 5.0.x?

The only gotcha that I have for you in this scenario is to run
revdep-rebuild until everything is ok afterwards.  Things /will/ be
broken.

I'd do the MySQL upgrade and get 0.19 happy with that before doing the
Myth upgrade.

All that said - do you really need to upgrade to 5.0?  I'd think you might
want to upgrade Myth without bothering with a mysql upgrade, and then
attempt the mysql upgrade some other time.

Greg