[mythtv-users] Verizon channels changed

Mark J. Scheller mark.j.scheller at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:26:46 UTC 2007

As a Verizon FIOS TV customer myself, I just noticed several channels
changed on me.  A run of:

mythfilldatabase --do_channel_updates

seemed to fix things up quite nicely, though.


On 3/1/07, Robert Tsai <mythtv at tsaiberspace.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 09:28:05PM -0500, Kurt Yoder wrote:
> > Verizon recently changed their channel numbers. Now some of my
> > channel numbers no longer match the XML channel id. I could fix this
> > by deleting all my channels and allowing mythfilldatabase to re-fill
> > them. However, then the previous recordings using the old channel
> > numbers would show incorrect channels. Is there any way around this,
> > or do I just have to accept incorrect channel numbers for old
> > recordings?
> Recordings are keyed by chanid (channel number) and starttime. The
> original channel name/callsign/etc. are not stored for each recording.
> Bascially, MythTV doesn't "move" very well between TV areas or channel
> lineups.
> xmltvids only affect listings information (if you use DataDirect) and
> will not affect your frontend display. So you're talking about a few
> different things at once.
> I have recordings from before I moved, where I had a different channel
> lineup, with chanids that don't exist anymore in my new location.
> --Rob
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20070302/83dbe16e/attachment-0001.htm 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list