[mythtv-users] Cooler

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:47:59 UTC 2007

On 01/03/07, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to decide on a Cooler to buy for my new HTPC case.  I think i
> will be getting a nMediaPC 100BA.  I have narrowed coolers down to a
> nMediaPC IceTank or the Zalman CNPS7700.
>
> The main difference between the two is the IceTank has  90mm fan and the
> Zalman is a 120mm.  Also, I know the icetank will fit but the Zalman is
> quesitonable.  I emailed nMediaPC to see if they know.  Zalman says for my
> MB I need 19mm between the top of my ECS 661FX-M and the PSU.  (Anyone have
> this case that could measure?)

I only have experience of the Zalman cooler, but I use this cooler in
my Silverstone LC17M backend/server which is on 24/7. I'm running an
AMD64 3000+ @1000MHz with the powernow module, which reduces
heat/energy usage, and with the fan running extremely quietly at
~950RPM, I've had no problems at all.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: