[mythtv-users] PVR-350 no video out

David King dave at daveking.com
Thu Mar 1 17:48:31 UTC 2007

Miah Gregory wrote:
On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 12:56 -0600, Timm wrote:
>> I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.19; updated the rest of the system to the
>> latest versions as well; using Archlinux.
>>
>> Suddenly I have no video out from my PVR-350 when I try to watch tv
>>(or
>> movies) from Mythtv.
>>
>> I do have audio.
>>
>> Where do I begin looking for the problem?
>>
>> dmesg has 2 lines that concerned me straight off; both on the pvr-350
>> and the pvr-150, the ivtv configuration area reports
>> that i2c_adapter client creation failed; not sure what that means.
>>
>> Anyone else had this problem?
>
> I've just upgraded to 2.6.18, ivtv 0.10.0 and myth 0.20 and got
> something similar - with the PVR350 accelerated output option enabled
> in
> the frontend, I get audio but no video. With it disabled, I get audio,
> letterboxed video and lots of artifacts with the OSD/playback jitters
> whenever the machine isn't completely idle (not entirely
> surprisingly).
>
> Having looked around the various mailing lists I can't find any other
> reference to this behaviour.

I had the no video problem mentioned in the original post.  I discovered
that with ivtv 0.10.0 there's a new module option PVR-350 users must use
with the ivtv-fb module, "osd_compat=1".  That fixed the problem for me.

See http://www.mail-archive.com/ivtv-users@ivtvdriver.org/msg05748.html
(for example) for the announcement of this change.

Dave
--
David King
dave at daveking.com